Argos/Home Retail Group
Argos/Home Retail Group were looking for a training solution to drive their cultural and behaviour change programme.
We were selected as lead delivery partner, as our experience in developing lean methodology throughout organisational change fitted directly into Argos/Home Retail Group’s corporate strategy.
We worked closely with Senior General Managers to coordinate a 10 day change programme delivered over the course of a year. Our aim was to map a core set of skills across the Distribution Network based around process flow. This would enable Argos/Home Retail Group to drive these core skills throughout their entire Retail Stores Network.
Argos/Home Retail Group adopted the Improving Operational Performance/Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) Level 2 programme which allowed them to:
- drive cultural and behavioural changes
- provide strong project outcome support
- drive commercial value back into the organisation
- structure a bespoke programme
- deliver Apprenticeship NVQ level 2 certificate in Business Improvement Techniques (CI/Lean/Six-Sigma)
Throughout the course,we engaged over 300 learners, and helped Argos/Home Retail Group attract over £3million government funded training support.
A total of 17 projects were delivered, achieving a combined annual saving of £947,783.
The most successful savings were made across three key areas:
- Order Pick Errors = £115k saving in first year
- Stock Return Errors = £95k saving in first year
- Consumables = £127k saving in first year
“From first introductions, it was clear this was a fresh approach for Argos. From a board down view, our partnership with Cidori provided our workforce with specific predetermined skills in logistics.”