Get Ahead in EducationLearning & Career opportunities as a Teaching Assistant
More than lost jumpers & sticky fingers…
Looking for a challenging yet rewarding and varied career as a teaching assistant?
Are you a proactive, positive, friendly person with strong communication skills who is ready to go to work every day to inspire and nurture children to be the best they can be?
Teaching assistants need initiative and can play an important part in children’s learning…
What will you learn?
- Introduction to knowledge needed to work in a school environment
- Supporting the classroom teacher
- Working with small groups of children
- Assisting with 1:1 support and learning progress differentiation
- Understanding the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Communication and professional relationships with children
- Work-skills: identify job opportunities
- Improve your CV, job applications & interview skills
- Developing essential digital skills
What will happen?
- Online learning delivered via videoconferencing over four weeks
- Virtual classroom in your own home led by a fully qualified tutor
- Guaranteed interview with program sponsors at ‘Now Education’
- No exam – portfolio based assessment
What will you achieve?
- NCFE Cache Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools & Colleges
- ETCAL Level 2 Certificate of Introduction to Digital Skills
- ETCAL Level 1 Certificate in Personal & Social Skills
- ETCAL Level 1 Award in Securing Employment
- Digital Skills
- Meet program sponsors ‘Now Education’
- Sign up/register for jobs that become available
- Certificate in Personal & Social Skills
- How to work with & develop children & young people
- Award in Support Work in Schools & Colleges
- Attend Cidori Jobs Fair
- Securing Employment skills
- CV writing, job applications & interview techniques
“Cidori tutors have done everything they can to help me achieve the qualifications needed to get a decent job with a good future.”
Get ready for work in Education…
Book your place now!
- ‘Get in touch’ below takes you to our ‘Contact Us’ page
- Along with your details enter “Teaching Assistant” in the message box
- One of our team will be in touch
All the best!
Course Entry requirements
- Grade C (or Grade 4) Maths & English, or equivalent
- Age 19 as of the 31st August prior to the course commencing
- UK resident for 3+ years
- Laptop/PC required (no smart phones please)
- In receipt of any of these benefits: JSA/ESA/UC/Income Support
- You must have one of the following forms of ID:
UK Passport, UK Driving Licence, UK Birth Certificate, EU ID card/passport or Residency Permit/documents
- Please note to secure employment in Education you will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check